Giving Customers Peace of Mind
You can have peace of mind! Designer Fabrics only stocks quality goods. We are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make. If you experience any problem or concern, please refer to the options provided for below. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
30 days exchange or refund policy
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 30 days of purchase. However, the goods must still be in their original condition and packaging and you may not have used them at all.
Are any goods excluded from the 30 day exchange or refund policy?
Yes, there are a few exceptions due to hygiene reasons, applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. The goods we exclude from the 30 day return and exchange policy are:
- Any fabrics that have been cut or specially ordered
- Goods purchased by way of special arrangement or custom order
- Customers are encouraged to ensure that measurements and specifications of custom made blinds, curtains and accessories are 100% correct when ordering, as custom made orders cannot be refunded or exchanged if incorrect sizes were provided
- Perishable goods that are returned beyond their expiry dates
- Goods which are sold as red ticket goods, damaged, defective, used or repaired, where we disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods
What if the goods are unsuitable for the purpose I initially bought them for?
- If you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a salesperson who confirmed that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 7 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the salesperson
- Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund
What can I do if the goods are defective?
- If your goods turn out to be defective within the first 6 months after you received them from us, we will repair them. Products may be returned to Designer Fabrics store. Please note that it may not be possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorised service centre prior to repairing or replacing and to provide you with feedback within 21 days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly.
- If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, Designer Fabrics will send the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace
- If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first
Are there any conditions that apply to manufacturers’ warranties?
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods. We explain two general conditions as follows:
- Appliances (such as sewing machines)
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired or replaced. Goods will have to be returned to Designer Fabrics store.
- Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired or replaced at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on site or at the manufacturer’s premises
- Used consumables such as needles and wear & tear parts may not form part of the hardware being repaired and will thus not be replaced during repair
In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals
- Accidental damage
How will I be refunded?
You will be refunded in the same manner in which you paid Designer Fabrics, Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in one of the following ways:
- Credit note
- Electronic transfer directly into your account (allow at least 72 hours)
- Cash (if the original payment was made in cash)
- Credit card (by reversal back to your credit card and subject to banking delays)
Can Designer Fabrics assist me if I want an out of warranty repair?
Yes, we can assist you to have the goods repaired by acting as an agent on your behalf. The law requires the following in respect of repairs:
- The manufacturer or its repairs agent must quote you first and you need to accept the quote before the repair can take place
- The quote must include the supply and installation of replacement parts, as well as the labour costs
- You must also give authorisation for diagnostic work in order to determine the scope of the required repairs